Friday, April 05, 2019

We had actual Spring last weekend!  Sunny weather, around 75 degrees...perfect!  We are now, once again, back in the 'real Spring' of Shasta County - wind and rain, but last weekend was perfect!  

Dave came down, and and I put him to work.  He and Alex did a green-waste run for me. I have at least two more runs to do, but it took forever for them to do just one run - the dump was backed up because everyone else was doing the same thing.  There is still a lot of clean-up from our 'snow-mageddon' that we had in February, so the green-waste area is a hopping place.

My peas are popping up too!  The seeds I planted in the greenhouse aren't doing that great, but I will have some lemon cucumbers I can plant, I think.  Most of the seeds didn't germinate (bad seeds??? some of them were pretty old....)


The trees are blooming....


And my lavender plant is starting to bloom - the bees were all over it!


Alex and I painted the heads again


And our big project on Sunday was gluing rocks in the fountain.  The rocks under the waterfall had all fallen down over the last couple of years, so Alex waded into the pond, and I put glue on rocks and handed them to him (after hauling all the rock over.....good thing I'm working out!)  The fountain looks much better now!


No comments: