Tuesday, October 09, 2018

AJ and I hiked up to another waterfall at Lassen Park - Mill Creek Falls. The trail was marked as more difficult than Kings Creek Falls trail, but I found it easier.  The trail was a little rougher, but the inclines were more gradual.  Even though they were more gradual - my Fitbit was on overdrive.....the first set was Mill Creek Falls, then we stopped at Manzanita Lake on the way out of the part for the second set of floors.

This photo got more comments on Facebook than any other - mostly because I look so short!





The falls behind me


 Here's some of the trail views





We some some wildlife - the pine and fir cones are plentiful this year.  The squirrels were very busy.




From the top of the falls





Lassen got a dusting of snow - it was down to belly button rock.


Here's a view from the other side of Lassen of the snow.


We saw an eagle at Manzanita Lake


Another squirrel


And the view of Lassen from Manzanita Lake


No comments: