Sunday, April 29, 2018

I'm baaaack!!!   What a fun and crazy few days!  Margene and I left here at 5:30 Wednesday morning - much closer to our planned 5:00 a.m. slot that I thought we would.  Since she had a pretty horrible cold (coughing attacks, etc.) I did all the driving until we left Oklahoma City, where she was finally starting to feel better (and not cough so hard I would be worried about us crashing).  Hence, very few pictures from me of Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.  We had "un-nice" weather as well - not bad weather, just not good weather.  Cloudy skies and lots of wind all the way across.  Most of the pictures we did take didn't turn out that great because of the lighting.  Bummer.

We did stop a few places....

This is the Clown Motel in Tonopah, NV - I couldn't help getting a picture, even if we didn't stop.  Not my idea of a good hotel to stay at.....freaky!


Just past the Nevada/Arizona border


And I tried a panoramic photo....


Cadillac Ranch outside Amarillo, TX




A pistachio store outside of Alamogordo, New Mexico


I think we saw 5 or 6 oil derricks on our way through Texas - much thousands of wind turbines.  Acres and acres of them!



No comments: