Monday, March 21, 2016

We had company for part of the weekend - Dave's birthday was Sunday, and he and Lisa came down Friday and Saturday.  Joe was in town on Friday as well, so Ralph, Dave, Lisa, Joe, Joe's son Tim, Tim's daughter Allison, and I went out to Casa Ramos for dinner Friday night.  It was crazy crowded and busy at the restaurant, but Allison was a trooper. She even got a balloon animal from the clown lady.  (At one time, it was a horse, but Allison started unraveling it as soon as she got it.)



I had Cindy come babysit Alli for us Friday night, and after dinner, Dave, Lisa, Ralph, Cindy and I hung out at the fire pit, and Lisa roasted marshmallows.  It was a nice time to sit and chat, and all in all - a fun evening!  Dave and Lisa did some driving around while they were here - they were hoping to catch the Glory Hole at Whiskeytown lake in use, but the lake level had dropped.  Earlier in the week, Whiskeytown was overflowing through it - such a great thing after the years of drought!  They also went by Turtle Bay Museum, but it's pretty slow this time of year.  Alli wasn't having the best of days, so we didn't go with them.

Ralph was doing trash-cleanup at Whiskeytown Lake on Saturday as well.  He had fun, and they found several goose nests full of eggs.  I'll have to get pictures from him.....

Dallas got in for his Spring break Thursday night, so AJ was hanging out with him this weekend.  They went snowboarding up at Shasta on Saturday, spent the night in Dunsmuir, and had hamburgers here Sunday night.  AJ goes back to school today, so they didn't have a lot of time together, but they seemed to have fun with what they did have.

I spent Sunday re-organizing...the hallway closet, the bathroom closet, my quilting material.....whew!  I love it after everything gets organized - I just hate the actual doing of it.  And now, I need to find a home for all the games and puzzles I liberated from the hallway closet......

No comments: