Monday, June 30, 2014

Ralph and I went to a beautiful wedding yesterday - but it was HOT!!!!  It was an outdoor wedding at a local ranch that the wedding party had turned into "Cadillac Ranch" for the wedding.  Steve is a car buff, and they used vintage cadillacs as the theme.  Instead of flowers at the end of the aisles, there were cadillac hub caps, the tables were decorated with photos of  vintage cadillacs, and to avoid everyone standing in live for food, they announce what table should go next for food by announcing the 'car' decorating that table. The decorations were three-sided photos, and the side facing me was just a picture of an old car.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat because I had no idea what kind of car that was----I'd never know when they called my table.  Luckily for me (and several others at the table) one of the three sides also had the name of the car too - whew!  Fun!  

As part of the wedding vows that the couple exchanged, Randy said that he knew Steve loved him when he wanted them to buy a car together....a true indication of his feelings, I'm sure!  It was a fun wedding - the ring bearer war Randy's dog - complete in western attire himself.  I left my phone and camera at home, so no pictures - bummer!

Since we didn't stay too long at the wedding, I came home and started working on another unfinished project - a birthday present for Rachelle.  I had the purple jacket done, but I made the dress and beret last night.  I think I'm going to have to invest in an American Girl type doll so I came make sure the clothes fit.




No comments: