Monday, May 26, 2014

Yesterday was such a nice day - AJ helped me clean up some of the yard - it looks so much better - and then he and I took a quick swim to cool down. We got Alli in with us as well.  The temps were up in to the 90's already!  I even got some housework done (mainly because I needed to clean the floor!)

I got my quilt put together, ready for quilting.  I found another batik print for the backing (using my 40% off coupon at Joann's - sweet!), taped the material to the floor (which is why I had to do housework!), and used the spray glue to get every thing together.  Now for the hard part - quilting it!  The quilt kit came with a nice pattern for quilting it, I just have to 'get it done'.  The wedding is at the end of June, so I still have time - but not enough time to procrastinate too much.  I got the material cut out for the next set of blocks for the civil war quilt yesterday as well.  Those I should have done for the next club meeting, which is three weeks away.  Not much tine there, especially since I am walking in Relay for Life one of those weekends.


No comments: