Sunday, November 04, 2012

Dawn and I took the kids for a walk yesterday.  I spent most of the afternoon sewing and needed to stretch my back out (I wasn't just sewing - I had to cut out more pieces, and I thought I was done!  Cutting tends to hurt my back)  The weather is beautiful right now.


Shasta is showing her last dusting of snow.


The leaves are turning.....


And the berries are turning red...


There was even water in the creek for the kids!  (Tank didn't get to play, it takes too long for him to dry!)



Here's what I got done yesterday.....



I'm pretty happy with it - it's pretty, and most of my points match up!  I love the machine - it sews over the multiple layers of material without even thinking twice about it.  My old one would stop and I would have to pull the material through - not the best way, but it worked.  Dawn said the sounds of me sewing at the kitchen table brought back childhood memories, and this machine sounds just like my Mom's - and she was always sewing at the kitchen table too!!!

I started to put the backing on my last quilt, but I don't have enough backing material here, so I need to go shopping.  Since I have to take Koori in for her shots this morning, I'm headed to Joannes after the vets.  Yippee!!

No comments: