Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee, AND blogging!  Cool!  AJ got a new laptop yesterday (long story) and I got his old one.  Now I, too, am a laptop person!  Since the only time I want to sit on the patio is in the early morning, it is very nice.  It is a cool 67 degrees now, projected to be 105 later.  I can sit out here with the noisy hummingbirds (they are almost out of food and are fighting and complaining!) for a while, and then get ready for work.

I was expecting a nice quiet evening last night.  AJ was going to Emma's house for a "Walking Dead" marathon, so I was planning leftovers for dinner, and an early to bed kind of evening.  So much for those plans.  AJ decided to ditch the marathon, and he and Conner came here.  I'm thinking I don't have enough leftovers for two (three if Dallas came over) teenage boys.  I stopped at the store and picked up some hamburger, and was making burritos when the phone rang.  "This is Emma, can we come over and swim?"  I ended up with three boys and two girls here last night, swimming, talking and playing video games.  I went to bed at 9:30, and I have no idea when the girls went home.  I haven't even checked to see if Dallas went home or if he spent the night,

Added to all of that, at 3:30 this morning, AJ came in - "Mom, the sprinkler is broken and is spraying water all over."  I asked if he had trying turning the sprinklers to 'rain' and he said yes, but it didn't help.  "Then that sprinkler is controlled by the system in the pump house."  "Oh."  Ralph got up and helped him deal with it,  Then.......one of the smoke alarms started chirping.  It wasn't a restful night!

No comments: