Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another week slipped, and I have very little to show for it!  It was a busy week, I will admit.  Monday, I took Alli to a dermatologist, who diagnosed her rash as ringworm..I have taken her 4 separate times to her pediatrician, and he didn't diagnose it that way - what's going on???  We switched her prescription, and her skin is getting worse.  I called in and talked to the dermatologist's assistant, and she said that was normal, and it would take over a month to clear up, and said to give her over-the-counter Zyrtec or Benadryl.  I gave up yesterday, because Alli was so miserable, and put some of the ointment I had left over from her pediatrician on top of the anti-fungal meds, and she seemed a lot more comfortable.  At least she wasn't digging at her skin under her brace!  Poor baby!  She goes back to her pediatrician on Wednesday (separate issue - swallowing studies) and I'll check in with him then, too.   Alli isn't scheduled to see the dermatologist again until the end of March.

Tuesday was a loooong scout meeting.  There was a big dust up in the adult leadership recently, and Tuesday night was a clearing of the air and resignations and election of new officers.  It was a very unpleasant meeting, but hopefully, we can start out fresh and go forward.  We also brought in 5 new Webelos into the troop, so it was not the best time to be having the dirty laundry aired, but....it's done.  Onward and upward!  I got home (after a trip to Walmart after the meeting) after 10:00.  I was pooped!

Wednesday, Ralph took off for Sacramento for a couple of days - business meetings.  I think they were productive, and for once, thing ran relatively smoothly while he was gone.  Thursday, AJ picked up Alli for me from daycare and I had a nail appointment after work - that always throws things off time-wise at home.  I was fixing dinner at 7:30 or 8:00 that night - another long night!  Friday was back to normal!  Normal day - actually even a slow day at work, so I wasn't all stressed out on a Friday  night - what a thought!  Yesterday was chores and shopping.  I had a bit of help in the cleaning department this weekend (Ralph and Alex pitched in) so I had a bit of time to do our taxes (yuck!) and for crocheting yesterday afternoon, and even watched a couple of movies.  I picked up "Puss in Boots" yesterday - cute movie!

I have to announce, AJ's friend Dallas won Sectionals in his weight class Saturday, and competes in State next weekend in Bakersfield.    We are so proud of him!!

No comments: