Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alli woke me up at 4:45 this morning - and then she went right back to sleep!  I was definitely awake after getting her tucked in, so - I'm up!  It does give me more 'me' time today.  I got a couple of little chores done already, but I wish I had known last night - I wouldn't have stayed up till 11:00 if I knew I would be getting up so early!

Alli got her new brace yesterday - this one is more 'brace' than the other one.  It is longer, thicker, and higher - poor baby!  Ralph did get it in a very pretty color - light blue with flowers and butterflies, I think.  I didn't look that closely at what was on it, I was more worried about getting it on her.  We had the other one down to a science.  This one has a smaller area for her arms to go through (more bracing in the upper chest) so it is trickier to get on.  In a week or so though, we should be experts at it.  She gets x-rays next Monday to see how it is moving her spine.  Hopefully it fits better than the last one did!

AJ passed his CHP Sponsored motorcycle training.  I don't know that the course is really sponsored by CHP, but I heard it referred to that way several times.  I don't think he has to take the DMV driving test now - just the written test to get his permit.  He has an appointment for that today.  That part should be easy.  I think his biggest problem was that he has never driven a stick - all of our cars are automatics.  He had to deal with driving a motorcycle and learning to shift at the same time.  I think he had fun.  A co-worker told me about the course - her husband was taking it.  He and AJ ended up in the same class, so they rode to Red Bluff together for it.  The weather was great - they were in full riding gear, and it was only in the 70's-80's - in July!

I think our weather is going back to normal for a while.  We had rain here Sunday night - quite a bit of it.  Today, it is supposed to be back up to 95.  Since tonight is the book club meeting at my house, we planned a pool party.  I was a little worried we were going to be sitting around the pool in parkas!  No worries!  The water may still be a bit cool, but the temps should be good.  I'm serving taco salad, fruit salad, chips and salsa, and my flour-less chocolate cake for dessert.  I have everything done - except for things that need to be done after work tonight - chopping the veggies, the fruit, and the constant picking up and cleaning that will need to be done then, even if I do it now.  It's a never ending job around here!

No comments: