Saturday, May 08, 2010

We have a new addition to the family! After loosing both Lucy and Willey to poison, the house with just Rufus was awful quiet. We fixed that! Mom came down for the weekend, and we went for a drive to Haven Human Friday afternoon. We left there with the smallest kitten I have ever seen! She is 8 weeks old, but...too small for us to even adopt yet. (They have a weight minimum of three pounds, and she doesn't weigh that much yet!) We are 'fostering' her until she is big enough to adopt. She goes back in about 6 weeks for a weigh-in. If she's 'made weight', they'll keep her and spay her, and then we can officially adopt her.

She is the cutest thing! (I know, all kittens are cute!) She is helping me type this now, so any typos are her fault! She is full of hiss and vinegar, and voice box! For such a tiny thing, she sure is loud! She doesn't have a name yet - we'll see what she grows into.




Here are a couple of small items I've finished lately. My main project has been the baby afghan, and I have all the parts down - now to sew it together! That is going to be a bigger project that just making all the pieces, I think.

No comments: