Monday, October 20, 2008

What a day - for a day off! I took my last 'free day' off today, and what do I do? - clean carpets and run AJ around for doctor appointments! I did get my carpets cleaned - for which I am thankful. It has been on my to-do list forever, it seems. Not much down time for me, though. I got in about an hour of crochet time, and got just a bit further on the never-ending doily.

I took AJ in to the doctor's today because of an old injury - he hurt his leg in August playing soccer. He has a large lump on his upper thigh that I thought should be gone by now. Evidently so did the doctor. Not only did AJ see Dr. Short, he also went in for a sonogram on his leg, just to rule out any other problems. I was fully expecting the doctor to tell me I worry too much, but now I am worried more! I really don't think it is anything, and neither does the doctor, but...better safe than sorry. He thinks it is probably a hematoma that hasn't healed, but they normally don't take this long to heal. The tech that did the test told us that there is only so much they can tell from a sonogram - just enough to know if they need further tests or not. Lucky us! Now I feel bad - I kept telling AJ for the last two months that the lump would go away - his body just had to absorb the lump. I think he (and his body) were just being contrary just to annoy and worry me!

AJ is all done with soccer - no more 6:00 a.m. practises! Instead, since I am used to getting up early, I am going to try to get up and walk on the treadmill. I walked on it today for the first time - using one of the pre-programed programs - and it was actually fun! But - I had AJ to talk to during the 30 minutes. It might not be so much fun all by myself in the morning. I did 1 1/2 miles and 30 minutes walking. The program varies the incline (between 0 and 6% incline in the program I tried) and speed (between 2 and 3.5 MPH) for me as I go along, so the routine changes every minute or so. Now, to get myself out of bed in the morning! (We even got Ralph on the treadmill for a little while! I hope we can challenge him to get on more often, and actually use it just a bit! I have to use the 'challenge' part to get him on. Not like either of us are competitive or anything :D)

No comments: