Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My blogging has taken a turn for the worse lately----too busy in the mornings to add anything and too tired at night!  Work has been very busy lately - we are installing a new program and had trainers on-site last week.  That meant training for me from 8:30 to 4:30, so I was going in around 7:00 and leaving after 6:00 to do the rest of the stuff on my desk....long days!  This week, we are doing the training - training the rest of the Lending Department - poor things!  We don't understand the system yet, and we are the trainers!  It does mean shorter days for me though - I'm not the main trainer, so I don't have to be there the whole time.  I actually left a little after 5:00 today!

Last weekend, I had company!  Mom came over Friday afternoon, and we went to the local Chapter's (Eastern Star) meeting Friday night - fun!  I think I will be joining this chapter.  Susanville is changing their meeting to Wednesday night - and I won't be driving to Susanville for a meeting in the middle of the week.  Ronna and Joe also came in Friday night, late - they had a grand-baby born on Thursday, (Mom and Dad (Joe's son) live in Redding) so they came over to see the baby.  Since they came in so late, (close to 11:00), Alli, of course, got up at 4:30 Saturday morning,  that did give me plenty of time to get the house cleaned up and sorted out, so we could go shopping when everyone else got up.  Ronna has agreed to quilt the quilt top I just finished, so we spent a very long time in the quilt store looking for the just right binding and backing material.  Who knew?  Alli was a pretty special angel the whole time.  
Sunday, Mom and I met up with Dawn for a chance to chat, since I don't see her much anymore.  On the way home from town, we stopped at the local nursery.  When we got back to the house, with a little bit of help from AJ, we tore out the old summer garden and planted a fall garden.


I planted kale and chard.....


Brussels Sprouts.....


And sugar peas.  I have room for more plants, so I might be stopping back by next weekend!  If I'm not careful, this garden will be as over-crowded as the summer garden.)


I finished up a little doily last week, but hadn't made time to photo it.  When I did, I had help....



No comments: