Sunday, April 21, 2013

I have beans!  (Barely - but they are sprouting!)  It looks like most are going to sprout, so I should have quite a few bean plants this year.



Not so for the squash seeds.  Neither the zucchini nor the yellow squash sprouted.  I think it is because I did it the traditional way - in mounds.  Ralph put a drip around the mound, and the top of the mound got dry (lots of wind lately) and the seeds didn't stay moist.  So.....I switched them around and put a wall around the seeds - they are now lower, and hopefully they will stay moist enough to sprout.  If not, next weekend, I'm getting plants!  I did pick up another lemon cucumber and Armenian cucumber plant today, and a yellow zucchini plant.  My garden will be full!

Today was Alli's first day swimming.  She wasn't too sure about it - the water is still cold, but...AJ talked her into it.  Actually, he just picked her up and took her out into the deep water.  She played a little bit, but she isn't quite ready for the water yet (I don't blame her!)








I did very little today - so much for that horoscope saying I would have lots of energy.  I did work on my new quilt, and I am almost done with the baby afghan for Allan's new baby.  (Allan is Dallas's older brother.)  Elijah was born 4/16, and I was busy with other projects, and didn't get anything started in time.  I'm making the edging now, so will have it finished up tomorrow night (I hope.)  I'm off to Sacramento on Tuesday, and will be gone all week.  I would like to finish it up before I leave.

No comments: