Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm done with jury duty for a full year!  I had a jury summons for yesterday (check in after 5:00 on the day before) - and was put on standby, and then, yesterday got my official dismissal after 5:00.  I'm good for a year.  Woohoo!  There are so many ugly trials going on right now - I did not want to get on any of them! I don't know if there is such a thing as a pretty trial, but there are a ton of murder trials coming up.

While I was up at Mom's, I finished a little baby dress.  I have no idea if it will fit any baby or not.  I think it turned out pretty cute (even if Mom doesn't like it!).   
  


I sent an e-mail yesterday to Kandis - did she want me to give her things as I made them, or did she just want to be surprised by a big box later, and....did she have anything in particular that she wanted, or that she didn't want (i.e. if she says that those ugly crocheted dresses are so hideous! this one won't go in the box!)  Yesterday was a bad day for her, so she was going to think about it overnight.  Unless she has something in particular that she wants, I will probably focus on toys and booties from here on out.   Except that I have started an afghan for her.  I hope to actually finish this one - I got some of the yarn this weekend.  A link to the afghan is here.  I have about 12 rows done now.  Good thing I have until June to finish it!  It is very cute, and is much easier than the animal one I have started (and probably won't finish for quite a while.)

We did get the carpet in the guest house, and it's actually sort-of put together.  Ralph and I got the bed and furniture back in on Sunday, and I got a bit of the house cleaned up on Monday.  It looks better at least - or, as my dad hated to hear - better than it was!  Here's a couple of pictures after the carpet and before the furniture:




No comments: