Friday, January 04, 2013

Repairs are moving slowly forward.  We received the test results back that we do NOT have asbestos in the guest house, so the workmen started tearing things out yesterday so it could dry faster.  The air has been determined healthy out there now too - a big relief as well.  The toilet and vanity have been removed from the bathroom, but I don't know how much of the walls have been torn out yet.  We are supposed to get a lead test today - checking for lead based paint.  Once the workmen have the all clear sign, they can write up an estimate for the insurance company.  Right now, they can't even do that until they determine what they have to deal with.  This could be a while still!!!

The HVAC unit is supposed to be delivered on Monday now, and should be fully installed by Tuesday   That will be nice - heat in the whole house!  The pellet stove has been wonderful, but.....it just doesn't quite reach the back rooms.

We got the last solar panel installed on the roof of the guest house.  When the original panels were installed, one was broken and had to be re-ordered.  It came in, got installed yesterday, and we are now fully operational - except for the part where PG&E blesses the installation.  Until they do that, we are making electricity for them, not us.  Bummer!

At least it is Friday!  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I have most of the purse/bag that I want to make cut out, so I hope to get it started, and....I have the material to finish my Christmas quilt - I hope to start on that as well.  I'm full of ambition!!  We'll see what I actually get done now.  Somehow, my ambition seems to get sidetracked here and there.  Case in point - I have one more scarf to finish, and I think I will be done with projects for others for the season, but.....I need to make bookmarks for the book club too, which meets on the 16th, and I have no ideas at all!  Gotta work on that too!  And, I got a new magazine the other day that had a gorgeous scarf pattern in it, and a co-worker wants to make it for herself, but, she is an inexperienced crocheter.  I worked on it last night to see if it was even a do-able project, and....I like it!!  I may have to make one for me!! (I may have to make it for her first though - we'll see!)  Too many projects, so little time!

No comments: