Sunday, January 13, 2013

One project off my to-do list!!!  I wrote a pattern for a Musical Note bookmark, and made 10 of them for the book club.  I'm pretty happy with the pattern, and am actually going to get it linked to crochetpatterncentral - along with the pattern for the elephant that I did a while back.  We'll see how that goes.  Creating a pattern for me is a lot of trial and error.  I visualize what I want, then think about how to put it together - and even draw a chart for it sometimes - and then I start crocheting.  In this case, I didn't try to chart the pattern.  Here is my first try - not too bad, if I do say so myself.


Here is try #2 - I liked #1 better!

Here is the final product:


And here they are (most of them anyway - one was still on the drying board) all made up.


I also got three headbands done for my co-worker.  Hopefully they will fit!  (and....that she actually likes them.)


Here is a close up of the black one - the pattern can be found here (notice how fancy I'm getting with links now - look at me go!)   It is the "Knotted Crochet Headband".


This one is a mobius pattern - hard to tell with this picture, and the pattern is here. It is the "Urban Turban" headband.


And this one - with the pattern here.  It is the "Catherine Crochet Headband".


I also got the book for my Thimbleberries club, and the material for the next quilt.  This quilt is the one on the bottom right:

Block Party book cover

Here is the material for the center blocks.  Next month, we get the material for the flowers - they use a technique I haven't tried yet - always something new!!


I thing I'm going to try to get the Christmas quilt ready to put together today.  My laundry is almost done, so....why not?  (Because I have all sorts of other things to do!!!!)

No comments: