Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My 'to-do' list is getting smaller!  I had a breakfast meeting yesterday at 7:30, so did my normal Saturday shopping - Wal-Mart and the grocery store - after that.  Then....I hit the yard for a bit.  I got the 'rose garden' area all cleaned out, and some new bark scattered (I need a couple more bags!)  I cut back all the asparagus fern and pulled out the old day lily leaves and pruned the roses. It is set for Spring!!  I also got the hedge trimmers out and trimmed up the jasmine and gardenia bushes that line part of my sidewalk.  You can now actually walk to the side gate and OPEN it to get out to hang clothes out.  What a thought!  If I had known I was going to get that carried away, I would have gotten the electric trimmers out - I did it the hard way yesterday.  I'm surprised my arms aren't screaming at me this morning.  Then I had to sweep up all the dirt, leaves and dog hair out on the back patio.  It looked pretty nice out there yesterday afternoon.

Then....I went inside and dragged out the sewing machine.  I made the quilt blocks for the next Thimbleberries quilt, made a sewing machine cover for the new (new to me at least) Singer, and got the backing put together for the last Thimbleberries quilt.  Maybe I can get that started today???  Or maybe not - we'll see.  Here are the blocks for the next quilt:


The colors are a bit off - I waited too late in the afternoon to get a good picture of it.  After that, it was time to fix dinner, and head off to scouts.  A nice, busy day.

Here's a picture I took of Mom's new dog, Sadie.  She is so sweet!  I bent down to get a picture of her, and evidently scared her, and she went running to Mom.  I didn't mean to scare her!


Ralph just came back in - there are rain sprinkles on the truck, so....we may get some rain today!

No comments: