Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Back to normal this morning - up at 4:45, Alli up at 5:15 and (hopefully) ready for the bus at 6:00.  She is still eating breakfast, so we will see.  The break was very nice - sleeping in until 6:00 - a luxury!

The new HVAC unit was delivered yesterday - the installation should be finished today.  The workmen caused all sorts of ruckus in the house.  They were covering the vents in all the rooms - including behind the couch (where Indy was hiding) and in Allison's room (where Rufus was sleeping) and caused a few whirlwinds of activity from the cats.  Poor Indy - he is such a scaredy cat!  Rufus just didn't like being disturbed by strangers - Indy tore out from behind the couch and evidently scared the workman just as much as they scared him.

The workmen also left me a nice little present.  When I went to fix dinner last night, they hadn't turned the gas back on to the house, so....I had no oven or stove (or soon, no hot water - what was in the tank was still hot, but that would have been it.)  Ralph and AJ got the gas going again, thank goodness.  If not, it would have been cold showers this morning, and cold cereal for dinner last night.

Workmen are coming back today to work on the guest house as well.  I don't know how long that is going to take (or what the final cost is gong to be - yuck!  The HVAC unit was over $3,000 out of pocket - I can hardly wait to see the guest house bill.)  The guest house is in such a disarray right now too, it will take some good solid work to get it back to 'normal'.  Everything got pulled out and stacked in the living room - what a mess (not thaqt it wasn't already, but....now it is worse!)  Oh well - no major damage was done to personal stuff - just the floors, carpets and walls.  It's all fixable.

I took my purse in to show off at work yesterday, and stopped by Meredith's after work too - it is so cool!  I have another pattern that I picked up in the after-Christmas sales that I would like to try too.  so many patterns, so little time!  I took out the afghan I'm working on, and I wasn't on row 30 - I was on 27.  Now I'm on 30.  I think I'm going to take some time and weave in some ends before I continue.  It may make the finishing a little less overwhelming in the end - there are so many ends!!!!


No comments: