Sunday, October 07, 2012

Mom, Allison and I went to Ft. Bragg for the weekend.  I have Monday off for Columbus Day, so we left Redding Saturday morning and drove over.  It was a beautiful drive.  Most of the traffic that was going our way was traveling at or above the speed limit, so we made good time.  After we got in, Mom, Alli and I ran down to the beach for a short walk.  



For whatever reason, I thought Alli would be a bit more hesitant about the beach - both because of her bum knee, and because it was a different beach.  Boy was I wrong.  She saw those waves and was ready to head right on in.  The beach in Crescent City had a more gradual slope, and therefore the waves were a bit less powerful.  About the 5th wave that hit was a big one, and she went down.  Both of us ended up wet - me from the knees down and Alli from the neck down.


She still had fun, even after getting wet, so....it has been a good trip.


No comments: