Monday, April 23, 2012

This weekend flew by!  I got the housework caught up from being gone for a week, and it was warm enough (90's!) to hang my laundry out on the line to dry.  Lovely!  Ralph and I made our first trip in to shop for flooring options.  We only went to Home Depot - just to see the options.  We plan on getting the flooring from a 'real' store, but - they aren't open on Sundays, so....off to Home Depot we went.  It did give me an idea of what kind of budget we will need, and the salesman was very helpful in explaining the different types of flooring.  We will try to get to a flooring store soon to see what they have.  Since we were in Home Depot, Ralph checked out the BBQ's - his is beginning to need a lot of help.  After our trip - he came home and checked out on-line sales, and ordered a new BBQ last night.  He should have it this Friday!

I did pick up some bark and flowers to dress up the back patio area as well.  I got them planted, and with AJ's help, got the bark spread out.  It looks good for now - we'll see if I can keep these plants alive!

More pictures!


The Jefferson Memorial - a long walk from the Mall, but worth it - beautiful!


The Lincoln Memorial - I didn't realize we were so close to the airport - a huge jet flew by every few minutes.



Me at the Lincoln Memorial



MLK Jr gave his "I have a Dream Speech on the steps of the Memorial - they carved this in on the landing area.




The Washington Memorial




Arlington - we were able to see the Changing of the Guards - Awesome - in the 'filled with awe' sense of the word.  I was able to locate where Rod was buried, but not able to go out there.  You can't just wander around in the cemetery.

No comments: