Monday, February 06, 2012

No headache this morning!  Yippee!  I even slept in a bit this morning (I packed most of Alli's lunch/snacks last night - saving me a few minutes in the morning, at least)  I feel all better and ready to meet the day today.  Well, sort of, it IS Monday after all.  No need to rush right out for a Monday, right?  

The ruffled scarf I finished this weekend needed more than one skein of yarn, so I had a partial skein left over.  Oh, what to do?  I tried out a different stitch with the yarn.  It came out much lighter that the other scarf, but....the stitch seam shows.  (Which would probably only bother me - we'll see!)  Here's the scarf on its own:


And here is it in comparison to the first one I made - much thinner:


Talk about luck - this is how much yarn I had left when I finished - not much!


I also made a "Victorian hook cover" this weekend - one of the projects on a Yahoo! group.  It is just about an inch high, done in size 30 thread.



Here it is on a hook - one that belonged to my great grandmother, I believe.

No comments: