Saturday, February 18, 2012

Allison got glasses yesterday!  Now, she isn't wearing them much, but she got them!  She doesn't seem to like them much.  The doctor said she isn't too nearsighted, but she could use glasses, so we decided to try them out.  So far, not such a winner!  She spends a lot of time with her eyes closed while she has them on.



I also got a call from the school nurse yesterday from Anderson High School.  Allison's teacher is concerned about how often Alli chokes when she eats, and the nurse suggested we check with her doctor about some swallowing studies for her.  Lovely!  Alli has an appointment the 28th to see Dr. G to see what he says.  As far as I can tell, she chokes when she puts too much in her mouth, but....maybe I'm just not seeing everything.  We'll see what we can find out!

I also did something very exciting (for me!) yesterday - I booked tickets to Baltimore!  I'm going to a conference for work in April to Baltimore, and the other people going decided we should go early, and spend a couple of days in DC while we are there.  I'm so excited!  I haven't been anywhere in that area!  We are flying out of Sacramento on Saturday, April 14th.  The conference doesn't start until Tuesday, so we have the weekend (Saturday is a full day of travel - we leave at 8:00 a.m. and land at 9:00 p.m.) to explore a bit and see the sights.  Just going to Baltimore was going to be fun - adding a side trip to DC will be great!  Poor Ralph, though - he will have full parental control of Allison for the whole week!  I'm hoping to get some backup for him - a girlfriend is supposed to be staying with us for a few weeks around that time.  If it all works out, she is willing to help out around the house for Ralph while I'm gone.

No comments: