Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I hate the first week of school!  New routines are hard on everybody!  AJ seems to be adjusting well to college - no complaints so far at least.  I think he likes all of his teachers.  I think his biggest adjustment was going to a class, and not knowing anyone in it.  He's been at the same school since 6th grade, so he knew everyone in his classes for the last 7 years.  He said he has seen some of his friends on campus, they just aren't in his classes.  I think that may give Shasta College a more 'big college' feel than if he had gone to classes with the same people.  It might not have felt that different from high school.

Alli had 'issues' on the bus yesterday.  Daycare told me that she heard that she had issues, but didn't know exactly what happened, so I stressed all night about it - what if it was because the bus ride was too long, what were my options now, what if she got hungry and cranky and acted out and hit someone, what if.....so on and so forth.  I actually talked to the bus driver today, and the 'incident' happened right after she picked Alli up from school - they went to her next stop - another school.  Alli got all upset and cried and slithered down in her seat to the floor.  The driver and I think that maybe Alli thought she was being taken back to school instead of to home???  Poor baby!  Once she gets used to the routine, she will probably be fine!

No comments: