Monday, July 25, 2011

Well, for not doing anything yesterday, I got a lot accomplished!  I talked with 4 of my friends - all in one day!  I've been really bad lately about talking with anyone, and I don't know why.  I have good intentions, and then time just slips away and I never pick up the phone.  Yesterday morning, I made a commitment to myself to call two of my friends, and before I could, they called me!  Another one stopped by for a visit in the afternoon, and one more called for a quick chat just before dinner.  (Yes, it was quick because I was just getting dinner on the table!)  Now that is a good day!

I'm taking a vacation day today - scheduled when I was planning on company over the weekend.  Since I didn't do anything that I needed to 'rest up' from, I'm not too sure what to do with my morning.  My afternoon is planned - Alli needs x-rays, then a doctor's visit, and then to the orthopedic place - all to check on her new back brace.  She's not real impressed with the new brace, but she is dealing with it.  If she hadn't gone a week without a brace, I think she would have transitioned better, but...she' doing okay.  She spent quite a bit of time in the pool yesterday - always fun, and she doesn't have to wear her brace there!

No comments: