Sunday, July 24, 2011

Plans changed - again!  Yesterday was supposed to be a family reunion of sorts.  My Mom had made arrangements with our family that is in the Sacramento area to come up for a visit, but...that didn't turn out.  In many ways, that was a good thing, but I was looking forward to it!  This last week was just a bit harried.  Wednesday night was my book club meeting - here, which meant I was cleaning and cooking the first part of the week.  The meeting was fun!  I made taco salad - with everything cooked up the night before, so all I had to do Wednesday after work was to chop up the veggies and fruit.  Did I say "All I had to do"?  Whew!  That took longer than I thought it would.  I did get everything organized before people showed up, and it was a fun evening.

I didn't feel too great the next day - which I wrote off as one glass of wine too many and not enough sleep.  (Which surprised me - I thought I had spent too much time talking to have had too much to drink!)  Then Friday morning, I got a call from Alli's daycare.  She was sick!  Poor baby - and poor daycare providers!  They had already given her two showers before they even called me.  I dashed over and got her and took her home - and she was as good as gold for me - a bit quiet, and she took a long nap (and so did I - she was sleeping with her head in my lap - what else could I do???  You can't disturb a sleeping baby!)  She and I both bounced back really quick, so I have no idea what it was, if it was even related.  I'm just glad she is feeling better.  I have to admit I was glad I wasn't expecting company anymore either!I spent most of yesterday getting stuff put together for AJ's Court of Honor.  I pulled all the old pictures I could find of scouting activities - he was so little back in the cub scout days!  We also put together a couple of  display boards with his patches and stuff.  Now he needs to put a slide show/power point together, and get his program finalized and printed.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!  We will get through this!  I have the cake ordered, the table setting purchased, etc.  I still have a few odds and ends to deal with, but on the whole, I think I am doing okay!  Now to get AJ motivated!  Wish me luck!

Here are a few of the older pictures I found:



 



No comments: