Sunday, June 26, 2011

The best part of cleaning all day on Saturday is that the house is still (relatively) clean on Sunday!  We had a spur of the moment dinner party last night, which meant cleaning more than I originally had planned, but it was worth it last night - a fun evening!  We had the neighbors (Dallas's parents) over for BBQ steak, and it was a very fun evening.  For the first time, I think, the boys joined us for adult conversation after dinner.  Usually, they eat and go back in front of the TV for games, but they stuck around last night and joined the conversations.  They are growing up on me!  I still have my normal Sunday chores to do, but then I will have the rest of the day off.  What will I do?  (Let's see - clean out the garage, clean out the guest house, organize my photos - all projects that have been on my list of to-do items for a while!  Then again, maybe some crocheting instead?  ;D)  I have most of the laundry done already - and a big bowl of waffle batter ready to go -as soon as the boys wake up and want breakfast.  (I will wake them up by 10:00 if they aren't up already!)

The weather has been so nice lately - I think it was only 93 yesterday - beautiful for Redding!  We are supposed to be even cooler later this week - that's odd for Redding too.  I have some more replacement plants to put out today, and hopefully the lawn seed is starting to grow.  We are watering the newly planted areas three times a day just to keep them moist until the new grass comes in..The area we planted a month ago look really good - hopefully the new areas do too.  It will be so nice to have a back yard of grass instead of dirt!  We still have a ton of weeks mixed with the old established grass, but we can't kill them until the new grass is established.  I'm thinking we have a two or three year wait in front of us before we have a nice lawn in the back.

No comments: