Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! Ralph left my present and cards on the table last night (not wrapped - just covered with a towel) so I got to see my Mother's Day present early this morning - a new KitchenAide mixer! Wow! I think I have the same hand mixer I had before Ralph and I got married, and it really was on its last legs. It was slowing down (aren't we all!) and loosing a lot of its power. Cool! Waffles anyone?

I've been trying to walk after dinner, now that it is light enough, and Friday night was so pretty - sunny and warm.


And then last night:


It definitely wasn't sunny! It was still not cold, but a good 20 degree difference - it was 90 on Friday, and just 65-70 yesterday.

Friday was the bank's fund raiser for Relay for Life. We had a car wash - Suits to Suds - the majority of the car washers are Officers - hence the term 'suits'.




Some worked harder than others!

We also had a bake sale at two offices, and if the employees wanted, we could donate $5.00 and dress down in jeans for the day. In total, we raised over $1,100.00 in one day. Pretty good for a bunch of bankers!

No comments: