Sunday, December 12, 2010

AJ put in some more time in on his Eagle Project yesterday, and once again, it didn't rain! He has one more workday, I think, and the work will be done. Yes, it could have been done yesterday, but he only had Conner and I to work on it, and he didn't do all the prep work that was needed. The remaining part of the project now is bringing in rock and putting it down. Yesterday, we cleaned up the area he is planning on putting the rock (pulling out grass and sticks), so now....he just has to finish it! He brought in a little bit of rock yesterday, but....he needed a whole lot more. I also asked if he could get with Mrs. Stuart to see what plants we could pull out or trim back, so the garden area looks better. His project doesn't deal with the existing plants, but I think a bit of a tidy up and trim would help enormously! He also needs to find out what can be hauled off to the dump - the area has become a bit of a 'catch all' and needs to be cleaned out. All in all - he's almost done!

Moving the tables bringing in rock after putting the benches back Your turn!
The tree and table area

Since I worked so hard in the morning, I took the afternoon off and crocheted - and even took a nap! Around 3:00, Alli came over, grabbed a pillow, and lay down on the couch with her head in my lap. This doesn't happen very often! I was crocheting at the time, so I continued along for a while, and them I decided to join her. It's not often I can nap on a Saturday! I'm working on building a stash of scarves for the work boutique. I've caught up on all the flower scarves I needed for special orders, and am making more gloves and a few flower scarves ahead of time. Talk about hot sellers! I need a few gloves for presents myself, so...I'll keep working away on them!

No comments: