Friday, November 19, 2010

Winter is back! Cold weather and rain have settled in. It is about time - I'll enjoy it for a little while, and then I'll be ready for Spring! AJ and I are running to Chico today to see his surgeon. Hopefully we get some solutions!

Thanksgiving is at my house next Saturday - which means I'm going to kick cleaning into high gear this weekend. Now that Ralph fixed my carpet cleaner, I need to use it on the living room carpets! I have grandiose ideas about getting a lot of 'stuff' cleaned up and out of my way, so I have room to put food. We'll see if that happens! I know I get easily distracted from cleaning, so I really hope to get at least the basics done! AJ's Eagle project is Sunday, so I'll be busy with that, and I have a Trustee's meeting on Saturday - lots to do besides cleaning! So far, the head count is at 12 - and I haven't heard from one brother about how many from his clan are coming. That could push the number to 17. I think I have logistics of tables laid out, so - on with the fun!

The flower scarf I made for a co-worker is a huge hit - I have had several people ask me what I would charge for one. I started one last night - a scarf, hat and glove set for a co-worker. I did the flower for the scar and the first few rows on the hat in about an hour last night. Not too bad! I wanted to get it started so I could show J what the yarn looks like made up. I like it, but...it's for her daughter-in-law, so this will give her time to find a different yarn if she wants it. I'm thinking about charging materials plus $5.00-$10.00 for a scarf - somewhere in the $15.00 range. I usually charge $15.00 for a knitted scarf, and these are a lot easier and faster! I need to get stuff organized for the bazaar, I have some scarves done, but no gloves. That is also on my list of things to do next week, besides get ready for Thanksgiving.

No comments: