Thursday, November 11, 2010

Allison successfully slept in her brace last night, so we are off on the 24/7 adventure! She didn't seem to have any problems this morning, but she was scratching her stomach and back a lot in the shower - it must get itchy under there! I thought she might have problems going to sleep with it on, but she dropped off faster than usual - at least faster than lately. But that may be because lately we have been taking the brace off before bed, and she gets all excited. Now - nothing to get excited about at all!

I had a fun filled day yesterday - Ralph took Alli to daycare for me, and AJ was sleeping on the couch (he caught the latest bug circling around the school!) so it was just me ant the dogs in the morning! Then, I headed in to town for some serious shopping. Okay - not that serious, but I went to several stores in one trip - more than I usually get to do! I spent quite a bit of time in Joann's, and came out with a few more projects! I picked up 4 more balls of yarn, and a couple of yards of netting. The netting is for the crocheted kitchen scrubbies. I bought a couple at my church's bazaar this fall, and thought 'I can make these!' and for once, I did! With some help from AJ - he tied the ends of the net strips together for me as I cut them - and without the help of Indy - he got locked in the bedroom during this procedure - I rolled up 1 7/8 yards of netting, and then made two scrubbies!

I think Indy got back at me for locking him in - this was the main bathroom later that evening:


Jasper said "It wasn't me!"

AJ was very helpful in cleaning it up

After all my adventures in shopping (I even found a dress for the Christmas party - very red!) I met Mom and Dave for lunch at Casa Ramos - yum! I ate too much, but it was so good! Then - more running around with Mom and Dave. They left town around 2:45 I think - even then Dave said he hit snow on the way home. I headed back home and dove into my scrubbie project. I suppose I should post a picture of them - the first one wasn't too pretty - it took me a bit to get the hang of working with the netting. The second one was much better. I also finished up a scarf and an amigarumi cat (a Christmas present) yesterday - I love having the day off from work!

No comments: