Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yesterday was a bust for both kids! AJ and a friend decided they wanted to see "Predator" which is R rated. AJ is 17, so no problem. The friend isn't. Therein lies the problem. They convinced themselves that since AJ was 17, it would work out if they said they were brothers. Needless to say, it didn't. All would have been well if I had gone in with them, but....I really didn't want to see the 5th movie in a series that should have stayed with just one movie. Within a few minutes of crushing disappointment, a new plan was hatched! They talked the friend's old brother into taking them back in to the movies, having him buy the ticket, and give it to the under-age brother (and his mom fixed up his birth certificate so he was a year older), and all would be well! I have no idea if this worked. AJ had Scouts last night, so they we trying to go to the 10:30 p.m. show, and I was asleep by then. I don't know if I am proud of their resourcefullness, or upset that they worked so hard to beat the system. Since the friend is 17 in a couple of months, they aren't hurting anything, but....how supportive should I be?

Alli panicked her day-care provider yesterday, too. She woke up from a nap with one eye almost completely swollen shut. Sandy thought she was having an allergic reaction (and she probably was) but Sandy's son is deathly allergic to shellfish, and she just knew Alli was reacting to the tuna they had for lunch and was going to die. She had her husband check to make sure she was still breathing (she was playing with a toy on the couch!) and called me. I grabbed some allergy meds and eye drops and went to get her. Poor baby! Sandy was still all upset, but I assured her it was pretty normal - my eyes do that if I get cat dander in them, and then rub them. I have learned not to rub my eyes, but Alli, of course, hasn't. Alli's eye is still swollen today, since she won't let me put ice on it or anything. Poor baby! Hopefully Sandy has recovered, too!

Yesterday's walk yielded a beautiful photo (if I do say so myself!) The light was gorgeous on the dry grass. I just tried to set up my phone so I can update directly to the blog, so I will try that while I am up in Susanville. Mom said her computer went to the shop, and I didn't ask how long it would be there, so I am trying something new for me! Yay technology! (Okay, everyone else in the blogger world is already mobile blogging - I'm a little slow!)

No comments: