Saturday, May 22, 2010

Whew! AJ saw the cardiologist yesterday, and he changed his medication. By 1:00 yesterday, his heart rate was dropping, and by 3:00 was back to relative normal! Good drugs! Since AJ's appointment was early in the morning, I just took him to work with me. He collapsed at a table after walking from the car into the bank, using the elevator, and walking to the table! He almost got a trip to the ER right then! He recovered pretty quickly though so I decided to wait. (He couldn't even walk down to the car to go to the ER at that point, I had to wait, or call an ambulance!)

After any excursion, he gets short of breath and exhausted, but recovers quickly once he sits down. By the time the doctor saw him, he had been sitting for a while, and didn't seem too bad. Then, he stood with me while I talked to the doctor (waiting for the prescription, etc.) and he felt so bad, he started leaning on me. The doctor took another look at him, and asked if he was leaning because he felt that bad, or because he loved me. When he found out that it was because he felt that bad, he changed his mind. If the new drugs did not drop his heart rate by 6:00 that night, he was going into the hospital, and he gave me his cell phone to call at 6:00 so he could contact the hospital. Scary! Luckily, the drugs worked, and by the time I got home last night, he was almost back to normal. He must be - Conner and Dallas both spent the night last night. It was quite loud around here - which is a nice change from the last week!

No comments: