Sunday, May 30, 2010

What a way to start off a Sunday. One of the dogs (probably Koori, but I can't say for sure!) had a problem last night, and I had a large mess this morning. I really wish they had made more of an effort to wake me up!

I did get most of my garden planted yesterday - all of the veggies are in. I picked up some flowers to plant out there too, but didn't get them in yet. I need a couple more rolls of weed block before I plant them. I got the boys out to help me yesterday - Dallas and AJ - and had more fun watching and listening to them than I did playing in the dirt! The weed block I used came on cardboard rolls. The instant the rolls were divested of fabric, they became swords. The boys weren't a huge help in the garden, but they were a lot of fun to hand out with!



I have two rows of beans planted, two cherry tomato plants (one red, one yellow), two squash plants, two lemon cucumber plants, one burpless cucumber plant, and 12 peppers - 6 jalapenos and 6 blushing beauties. (I thought I had picked up plain old green peppers, and when I got them home, found out I had peppers that turn from white to red when they are ripe.) I have cilantro growing in an herb pot in the guest house, so I should be set for salsa this summer!