Monday, May 17, 2010

What a busy weekend! Saturday was filled with running AJ around and chores around the house, and Sunday, Mom and Dave came down and Dave rototilled my garden for my! Thank you David!

AJ had spent the night in town at a friend's Friday night, so I picked him up at 9:30 or so, and took him in to a Jamboree Scout meeting. Since Ralph was out of town, Alli was at the meeting. It is a two hour meeting! She did very well - playing with her toys fairly quietly. There were times in the meeting that I could let her get up and spin around, so she got some activity too. After the meeting, we had about an hour break, and AJ had to be back at the Y for swim test for the scouts. So......an hour to kill.....Wal-mart run! (Literally a 'run'. I wanted Alli to get some moving time in after sitting most of the morning.) Since AJ had spent the night in town, I had to collect his uniform and swimmies and take them in with me. The only pair of swimmies I could find had no elastic left, so it was time for new swimmies! He also needed a larger sweatshirt jacket. All of his other jackets were way too short, and his favorite one also had the elbows ripped out. We made a slash and burn run through Wal-mart, stopped by McDonald's and off the the Y! Alli stayed in the car with me and ate her lunch, and AJ went in and did his swim test. After that, it was finally time to go home. Poor Alli came home, plopped in a chair, and went to sleep. Being good is hard work!

I didn't show off the Mother's Day present I got! Mom and Ralph went garage sale-ing and Mom got a bread rack from our neighbor. Before the weekend was over, she decided to give it to me! On Saturday, I planted a bunch of petunias out in the pool area and out front. Ralph had my camera with him at his sister's so I used my camera phone - not too bad!



Yesterday, I got planters for the rack and more flowers (inpatients) for it, and Mom and I planted them while Dave worked in my garden. A busy weekend! Now, to get the garden planted!

No comments: