Sunday, May 23, 2010

AJ got his Rube Goldberg machine to work - some of the time anyway. It doesn't always go off as planned It is definitely a 'contraption'! He and Conner worked on it Saturday, the he and Dallas worked on it Sunday. Lots of fun! A remote controlled motorcycle hits a post, causing a lever to fall on the fan switch, turning the fan on. The fan blows onto a car with a sail, causing the car to roll into dominoes. The dominoes topple up a ramp and into a weighted cup, causing the lever to lift, dropping a ball onto a track. The ball rolls into another lever, which knocks down more dominoes. The dominoes hit a block, which falls onto another block, which hits a 'trap' on the Lego's, which releases a rubber band, and a Lego man goes flying. Success! (Finally!)






I didn't get everything done I had planned, but I rarely do! I didn't get the afghan done. I really worked on it, too! But when I said I only had to sew down one giraffe....I didn't realize how long it would take me to do that! I got that done, and finished the fringe on the bottom. Now all I have left is the fringe on the top, and then I can wash it, trim up the ends, and I'm done. Really!

Ralph got a call this weekend, his sister Katie died Saturday of cancer. He went down to see her last weekend, so got to say his good-byes then.

No comments: