Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring forward! This is the time change that I like in the evening when it is lighter, and not in the morning when I have to get up earlier! I do like the thought of sleeping in until 7:00, but my body knows that I only got to sleep in until 6:00. (Not much 'sleeping in' there!)

Like I thought, I got almost nothing accomplished yesterday around the house. That means I have a busy day ahead for today! I am also going to Oakland for some training Monday afternoon, coming home late on Tuesday, so I need to get the household ready for my absence. I did get some crocheting in yesterday, but no pictures yet. (As I said, I got almost nothing done yesterday!)

My seeds are sprouting! The seeds on the left are lemon cucumbers, and they are sprouting a lot faster than anything else. The seeds on the right hand side are pepper seeds, and are just beginning to sprout, and the ones in the middle are Armenian cucumber, and two types of cantaloupes.



I thought all of the cucumbers and cantaloupes would sprout at once, since they are similar, and the peppers would sprout later.! So much for my logic. I just hope I didn't plant the seeds too early. They can't go in the ground for another month. I figure, with my luck, I have a couple of options. #1 - all the plants live and I have three dozen cucumbers, 2 dozen cantaloupes, and 1 dozen pepper plants that I need to plant, and will have to find homes for most of them, or.....#2 - I forget to water them and they all die! I'm hoping I have a surplus of seedlings!

No comments: