Sunday, January 17, 2010

What a week! I ended up with a touch of Alli's cold, not enough to call in sick to work, but enough that I felt like I could barely drag myself through the day! Alli got sick last Saturday, and missed part of the day at school on Monday (yes, I sent her to school sick! She seemed fine to me in the morning!) but bounced right back - just a case of congestion (sniffling, sneezing, etc.) That is pretty much what I had, too. AJ seems to have missed the whole thing, but Ralph caught it. He hasn't missed any work, but that is all he has been able to do. He is pretty wiped out the rest of the time.

I had a fun visit with Dawn while she was here. We made it up to Susanville, and visited with Mom and Dad, and then out to Janesville to see Michelle. It was a quick trip. I didn't want to drive on a lot of ice, so we left late in the morning (9:30) and left Mom's early afternoon (3:00). Our drive was almost as long as our visit! Dad is doing about the same - not much activity from him - watching TV, eating and sleeping. Mom did say he felt better in the middle of the week and was moving around more.

We are set for a series of storms coming in today. We already have almost a 1/4 inch of rain so far today. The reports I heard ranged between 3 and 7 inches of rain this week, depending on who you listened to. I had AJ and his friend David help me rake the last of the leaves yesterday and get them off the lawn while they were still relatively dry. Any weekend I had free lately has been a wet weekend, and I hate raking wet leaves! They are done now, so we should be good for the rest of the winter. I still have a lot of leaves in the flowerbeds to cleanup in the Spring, but....they will wait!

No comments: