Saturday, January 02, 2010

Today feels like the first day of the year - yesterday being a lazy day! I say that, but looking back, I got all the Christmas decoration put away, and straightened everything up, etc. I was a busy girl! It just felt like I didn't do anything because I took a long walk with the dogs, and sat around and watch TV and crocheted in the afternoon!

I should have taken the camera with me when I took the dogs for a walk. It has been a while since I had taken them, and even then, they have stayed on the lead. The 'back field' (aka the dirt area) has been posted "No Trespassing" and a gate put up on the access road by the house, so I haven't taken them back there since this summer. Yesterday, I decided to try a different area to let them run loose (still part of the 'back field' but no gates or signs!) As soon as I took Jasper off the lead, she acted like a puppy! She ran around in circles, up and down, through the mud and water, back and forth like she was insane! Koori was a little more sedate, but not much. I guess they have missed it more than I thought! It is a nice walk for me - up to the entrance of the subdivision, and then back almost directly behind the house, so I got in at least over a mile of walking. (I can't remember if we are a 1/4 of a mile in from the entrance or a 1/2 mile! I'll check today when I go in to town shopping.)

No comments: