Friday, December 11, 2009

Bell ringing was canceled the other night, thank goodness! Since I am on vacation next week, they rescheduled me during the day on Monday. Since temperatures should be warmer by then (it would be hard to be any colder than it was scheduled to be Wednesday night - mid 20's!) and it will be during the daylight, I was very happy! The temperatures have already climbed - we were at 36 this morning when I got up rather than the 18-19 it has been! The rain is scheduled to come in today as well, and if it had still been cold, it would have been snow!

Poor AJ is still sick. He started throwing up on Wednesday, so he went to the doctor's yesterday. He should have been getting over his illness, not getting new symptoms! The doctor even took chest x-rays to make sure he wasn't coming down with pneumonia, since he though he should be on the recovery side as well. The final diagnosis - two different viruses, back to back. We will continue to watch to make sure he doesn't develop pneumonia, but otherwise, the standard rest and hydrate routine. Next week is finals for the poor kid, and he has missed a week of school, and may still miss some next week. We already discussed the fact that he may need to re-take some of his classes next year, especially math and science, because he has missed so much school. He only has two required classes next year, so he has plenty of room in his schedule.

I finished one more scarf last night, and have one half way done for co-workers. So far, I have sold most of the scarfs I made, and quite a few of the gloves. No snowflakes, doilies or ornaments! Makes me wonder if anyone actually likes the snowflakes I give at work for presents! Oh well, I like them, so I will continue! At least, on the plus side, I don't have to make any more for my own Christmas list!

No comments: