Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The heat is on! We were 112 at the house yesterday! We are running the AC during this heat wave, so when the electric bill comes next month, I won't be happy! The swamp cooler just doesn't cut it after it get much over 100. We are supposed to be on a cooling trend now - down to just 100 by the weekend. Only in Redding would we consider that a 'lower temperature'!

Alli surprised me yesterday. We all went swimming after work/before Scouts, and having a great time. Alli loves to have someone else in the pool with her, and AJ and I were playing with her. Suddenly, she swam to the steps and wanted out. Okay - not normal, but we had been in for our normal half hour, so maybe her 'timer' went off. I got her out, dried off and dressed, and sent her in the house, while I dealt with the towel, swimsuit, etc. When I went in, she wasn't in her chair, watching TV. She had taken herself in to the bathroom, and had a BM in the toilet, all by herself! What a happy day!

No comments: