Thursday, May 07, 2009

Here is a doily I finished. After the last one that took forever, I thought I would do a 'quick and small' doily. Well, it was quick, but not small! I think it is just under 21 inches across. Looking at the pattern, there were only 13 rows, so it shouldn't be really big, right? It is all treble stitches, so it is much bigger than I thought it would be.

Since we finally had some sunshine today instead of rain when I got in from work, I went out and looked at the garden. The beans are doing good, and the tomatoes are doing okay. The tomatoes will take off as soon as it warms up. The poor pepper plants, on the other hand, have been pretty much eaten by something. The cucumbers never came up (or were eaten as soon as they poked their heads up is more likely) so I need to replant them.

Here is the 'wild rose' bush in one corner of the yard, and some of my mini-roses. The rain was not kind to most of my roses!

No comments: