Sunday, April 05, 2009

My little brother has been a life-saver! Dave came down last Thursday to help me out with a couple of projects I didn't want to handle on my own, and he ended up helping Ralph with one of his projects as well! I don't think Ralph could have gotten his done without help! He got a new weather station, and the installation was not a one person job. (Dave said it almost wasn't a two person job!) It is up and working, and Ralph is just tickled!
Dave did get my projects done as well. My garden has been rototilled, and is ready for planting next week, when I'm on vacation. He also hauled off to the dump my piles of green waste that have been hanging out (for a very long time), waiting for me to get around to it! He trimmed back a bunch of stuff for me, and....I have a listed started for his next visit! (Just kidding Dave! You can come back to visit, and I won't make you work!)
I even got to go out and work in the yard a little bit yesterday - and, of course, I paid for it! Dave and Ralph were still messing with the weather station, and I left AJ in charge of his sister while I went out and worked in the front flower bed. Bad idea! I did go in and check on her myself frequently, but I evidently got distracted (probably when I was taking pictures!) and waited too long between checks. Allison helped herself to the coffee creamer in the frig. I ended up mopping the kitchen (again!)


I was surprised at the plants I did have left in my front flower bed. This is the bed that I just put in last spring, and....even with my neglect, some of the pants are still alive! The bees were quite happy about that, too! I got it all cleaned up, raked up the leaves, etc., and am ready to set out some petunias and other annual color out there. That is on my list of "things to do while on vacation". I think I need more vacation!

No comments: