Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm still working on my list of things to do on vacation, but...I got one crossed off! Alex and I went for a bike ride on the river trail yesterday. It was a beautiful day - sunny, but not hot. Alex was taking pictures for me. That gave him a good excuse to stop for a minute and then race hard to catch up with me, I am a bit of a plodder on a bike, and he has a lot more speed in him! The trail we took is about 6 miles long, and I only walked up one hill. The truth is - I always walk up this hill, even when I rode there before the kids came along. It's a killer! I told Alex I should have taken the camera from him at that pint, so I could have made the excuse of stopping for a picture, instead of stopping to catch my breath!


Here's a shot of the trail - nice for riding!


The scenery along the river is beautiful The trail wanders away from the river a bit here and there, so you get different types of flora. When they first put the trail in, they had sign posts describing different types of landscape/plants/items of interest along the trail, but they have become unreadable over the years.




This is the 'ribbon bridge' at the halfway point of the loop.

This is the view from Diestlehorse bridge - I don't think I've seen the river this smooth before! The swallows were also nesting on it, and something got the all flying about.
I also got half the garden planted yesterday. Alex decided to stay overnight at David's house yesterday, so I didn't have a 'helper' for either plating or for watching Alli. She did take a nice nap for me, but since you never know how long the nap will be, I came in and checked on her every 5 minutes. It takes a while to get anything done that way! I got two rows of beans planted, and 5 tomato plants out, and 4 pepper plants out. I did not get the cucumbers planted, or the rest of the plastic spread out. I may have to do damage control today. Since I didn't finish planting, I didn't get the plastic staked down completely, and it is windy this morning. It is supposed to be cooler today as well. Since I still don't have a 'helper', at least until I go get Alex, I may not get much more work done out in the garden today. It may be a housecleaning day instead. (Or maybe, just sitting and reading a book!)

No comments: