Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm catching up on posting things I did this week, and didn't get a chance to post about! On Monday, I finished up some felted mittens for Alli for Christmas. I don't know if she will wear them, but I don't know that she won't either! Here are some before and after felting pictures. I didn't shrink them very much - Alli's hands are not very big, but I wasn't sure how hard they will be to get on. Since they are felted, they don't stretch much, but, since they are felted, they will be warm, even if they get wet. (It took three days to dry them!)
Before felting
After felting


I tried them on, and they seem easy enough to get on, but are too short for me (I have long fingers!)
I also worked on some snowflakes - Christmas is coming! At last count, I have almost 40 done, so I probably need at least 40 more between now and the middle of December. I haven't started a big push for them yet - that will probably wait until mid-November! (I work better under stress, right?)
I also have about 2/3rds of Alli's scarf done as well. I got a lot done at the last soccer game. There are only two more soccer games left, but both start before I get off of work, so I don't think I will get to watch any more games this year. AJ did well this year - playing a lot and he seemed to have learned a lot as well. In some ways, it would be nice if he played the recreation team as well - the kids that do play that seem to get better coaching, but they are a traveling team, so have tournaments most weekends.
AJ needs all the homework time he can get! He is busy enough with soccer, band, scouts, homework, and regular play time (which usually means computer games.) He is grounded from most gaming (at home) right now until he gets his grades up. At the mid quarter mark he was failing Trig, had a D- in Chemistry, a D- in History and a C in English. Right now, he has brought his grades up to a B in everything but Chemistry and Trig, and they are both up to high C's. Chemistry should go up to a B as soon as his missing tests and homework are entered from when he was sick. Trig still needs some help, but he is scoring 90-100 on homework. Sine he is getting A's in music, PE and Spanish, his GPA isn't too bad, over all. The grades got tremendously better after he was banned from the games.

No comments: