Saturday, May 24, 2008



Back to normal weather for Memorial Day - it is raining! I thought we might give the traditional storm a pass this year, as it was so warm so soon, but I guess not. That does change my plans a bit for the weekend - I was going to hit the yard today - weed the garden, etc., but I really don't want to play in the rain. I guess that means I will have to clean inside instead! (Bummer!)

AJ made it home safe and sound - and dry! When asked "How was the trip?" his response was "Okay." He then went on and told me all the funny stuff that happened during the trip. It sounded more than "Okay". He did say it was the most unorganized camping trip he has ever been on - which isn't surprising since he usually camps with the scouts, who plan their menus and determine what they will be doing during the campout in advance. He also camps with the family, and we are more relaxed than the scouts, but we (usually means my Mom) has all the menus planned out, etc., so the only confusion is just from having a bunch of people and dogs running around. The food on this campout left a lot to be desired, according to AJ (they fed him sandwiches for lunch - yuck!)


I got a call from Alli's teacher on Friday - she was very tired all day, and didn't even eat her lunch. I had sent a note in that Alli might be sore from riding for 30 minutes, but I didn't think she would be that tired! Becky said that not only was Alli not eating, she was actually taking her PEC's for her lunch off the notebook, and putting them off to the side on the table - an indication that she really didn't want to eat (which is also an indication that she "gets" PEC's and can work the system when she wants to!)

No comments: