Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Yes, I am slowly but surely catching up. I actually left work on time today (okay - I left a little bit later than normal, but it was just a little bit later! - I am getting better!) Today is the first day that I have really even wanted to sit down at a computer after I got off work! Of course, tonight was Scouts, so I had all of 45 minutes home before I had to leave again.

The computer conversion went "well", but all that means is that we were able to operate after we converted. We are still picking up pieces, and we don't even know everything that "broke" yet. Every day is a new adventure! One of my regular loan customers called today to ask a question about his checking account, and it took me a couple of minutes to find the answer - I have been so busy playing in the loans that I haven't learned the checking side of the system at all!

Scouts had a long meeting tonight. Not only their regular meeting, but AJ had a "quick" meeting afterward for his summer trip. A group of the older scouts (and 2 adult leaders) are going to Minnesota this summer on a canoeing trip. They will fly in, canoe for about 5 days, and fly back in August - just before school starts. It ought to be an awesome experience. I don't want to be in a a canoe with a bunch of teenage boys for 5 days, but a relatively short canoe trip sounds fun.

I am fighting for the Rav now - Ralph has fallen for it. Any excuse he can find to drive it, he will! I caught him shopping toyota.com the other day for a new one for him. I told him he needs to find a way to pay cash for his - I don't want two car payments! He decided that he could pay half a car payment with the savings in gas from the Tundra to the Rav. I haven't fallen for that one yet! I am trying to get him to part with some of his "collection" via e-bay - he should be able to raise enough money with what he has out there, and clean out the garage a little bit! We have about 8 bikes in the garage, and only three of them will ever be used. (Ralph has a recumbent bike - since his neck surgery, he can't ride a "normal' bike, and he has three regular bikes in the garage!) I am hoping that the motivation of a new car will get some stuff moved out of the garage! It hasn't worked yet, though.

I'm a fine one to talk - I have a ton of stuff out there too that needs to find a good home. I am on vacation the last week of March, and I am hoping to go through a bunch of boxes then. Most of the boxes are kids clothes that are too small for my kids, so they just need to go to Salvation Army or some other thrift store. Mom is planning on spending some time with me that week, so I may enlist her to help me sort things out. My big plan for the week is to get some yard work done, with Mom's assistance. I missed the green thumb in the family (Ronna got my share!) so Mom is going to help me plan some stuff for the yard and give me a push to get started (I need a BIG push! I hate yard work - but I am tired of how my yard looks now.)

No comments: