Sunday, March 16, 2008



I finished a couple of projects. The dress is for Rachelle for Easter - I think sewing the fasteners on the dress took as long as making it - and more frustrating! The dress doesn't fit the doll. I think they changed the shape of Barbie just a bit, and I had an old pattern (circa 1999, so it isn't that old, and no doll to try it on until after it was done.) The waist and hips fit great - it was too wide across the shoulders and too long through the upper torso. With a little bit of Velcro to pull the top in, and adding a bloused effect (much more stylish!) it fits. I'm still not too happy with it, but it fits. I will try another dress to see if it is me or the patterns!
The doily is called Bridal Nosegay, and I don't like the colors, but I was too far along by the time I decided I didn't like them. I finished it anyway, and it isn't too bad! It is almost 15 inches across, done in size 10 thread.

No comments: