Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's the weekend again! I swear the week went by really slow - except - here we are again at the weekend! Work has been really slow, which makes the day drag, and then for after work, AJ had two basketball games this week, scouts, and I had a nail appointment one night after work.. Add in Valentine's Day, and a birthday at work (I baked a cheesecake after getting home from a game in Red Bluff, and scouts), it was a very busy week. Next week doesn't look much better - OA on Monday, scouts on Tuesday, a seminar on "special trusts" on Wednesday, TLC (scouts) on Thursday, and Friday, AJ is going camping up at Mt. Lassen for the weekend, and has to be in town with his gear by 5:30. Good thing I have Monday off to rest up for it!
The biggest issue with me being gone all those evenings is dinner during the week. Ralph doesn't cook when I am gone for the evening, he just uses left-overs, so I need to cook enough this weekend that he can feed Alli. I also need to have leftovers for her lunch during the week too. It looks like I will be doing a lot of cooking this weekend too! Other plans - since it supposed to be such a nice day today, I am going to try to take AJ and Jasper on a walk on the River Trail. I want to do the walk, so even if AJ is busy (over at a friends?) maybe Jasper and I will walk anyway. Ralph has plans to deal with some yard work this weekend too. We need to get weedkiller down now, since the weeds are growing! With our dry, warm end-of-January and most of February, everything is bursting out in full bloom this month!
I am almost finished with a baby afghan for a friend at work (for her granddaughter). It is done on the diagonal, and is working up very nicely. I haven't done this pattern before, and it is a fun pattern! It works up looking like a basket weave pattern, but is much quicker to do. This is good, since I didn't start the afghan until after the baby was born!

No comments: