Sunday, December 31, 2006

Well, I survived Christmas just fine, and then went down with a major cold that has sucked all the energy right out of me!




Christmas was fun - Mom and Dad were here Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning, so we had a fuller house than normal. Mom and I went to Christmas Eve services at my church, and then home for dinner (Chicken enchiladas!) AJ and I took Jasper for a walk after dinner to look at the Christmas lights, and he ran ahead with Jasper (who did not want to walk as slowly as Mom was walking) and then lost me when I took a right (even though I told him my route before we started!) He brought Jasper back so he could look for me alone, and panicked his dad, so they set out in the truck looking for me. Since Ralph panicked, he didn't take his cell phone, so when I came home a few minutes after he left, I couldn't call him to tell him to unwind a little bit. He was a little over-stressed on Christmas Eve! (It is a small neighborhood - 4 streets by about 6 streets, but they are large blocks. It is about 3/4 mile from one end of the neighborhood to the other. It would be tough to get lost in!)

Christmas morning was calmer than it used to be - since AJ is almost 14, there isn't the same "shock and awe" that Santa came, nor the immediate hurry to open presents. Don't get me wrong, he is still very anxious to open presents, but he can at least wait until everyone is up now, and not go and wake them up! Dad even got up early (for him) for Christmas, so AJ didn't have to go and get him.

AJ's big present this year was an I-Pod Nano - and he was severely disappointed when he couldn't immediately download songs - I-tunes was so impacted from everyone trying to download songs, he couldn't get on until late in the afternoon. I finally had him load a couple of my CD's he liked, and then he was OK! Jasper got her favorite toy - a big green spider! She loves this toy, and even after she tears it up, we have spider legs hanging about for months (still good for tug-a-wars!). I try to get her one every six months or so, because she just loves this guy!

No comments: